Social Media Marketing in Higher Education
further & higher education Training
With today’s Higher Education sector more competitive than ever, marketing professionals within HE need to develop strategies that look to attract potential students by designing content that engages, entertains and inspires, and sets you apart from the competition.
Social media marketing is now a crucial part of the modern marketing landscape, especially in reaching and engaging a younger audience. Therefore, effective marketing and social media campaigns are essential for HE institutions and can help create online communities, increase interactions, engage more students, and amplify a global brand and reputation.
Join this interactive training course to find out how you can design a strategy and successfully implement effective social media campaign within your university, create compelling content and attract potential new students across the globe.
- Learn how best to utilise all available social media platforms for your marketing purposes
- Find out how to create and deliver effective social media content and understanding what engaging marketing content looks like
- Discover what the most effective social media marketing tools are that will enable you to reach a wider audience
- Understand how to measure the impact of your social media campaigns
- Takeaway a plan outlining what an effective social media strategy would look like for your university and how best to implement it
Dave Musson, Head of Community and Content, The Access Platform
Dave is a respected social media expert, blogger, podcaster and conference speaker. From 2017-2019, he was editor-in-chief of The Native – a hub of inspiring resources for education and youth marketers – as well as the lead social media strategist at Natives Group. Throughout his career, his colleagues have sometimes called him a social media ‘guru’, but he gets embarrassed when it happens.
Before joining Natives Group, Dave lead on social media at the University of Warwick. He also spent two years as co-chair of the CASE Europe Social Media and Community Conference. Outside of work, Dave has more hobbies than you would expect him to realistically have time for; he plays in a very loud rock band, he runs an Instagram account where he’s trying to photograph every dog in his home town and he hosts not one, not two, but three podcasts.
View the agenda and additional speakers
Trainer’s Welcome & Introduction
Dave Musson, Head of Community and Content, The Access Platform (CONFIRMED)
Analysing the State of Social Media in 2019
- Highlighting recent developments from across a multitude of different social media platforms
- Analysing the impact of new developments in social media on planning and execution of social media strategies
- Discussing what social media platforms work best for an international audience
- Outlining the key differences between organic and paid for approaches to social media marketing and understanding what works best in different scenarios
- Identifying advertising tactics across Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and Facebook
Utilising Social Media Marketing Tools to Reach an International Students
- Discussing why are international students such an important audience
- Identifying what cultural differences do you need to be aware of
- What can you do to increase your chances of succeeding with international students
- Analysing what good work is already being done by Universities for international students
- Using innovative techniques to boost your social media marketing to engage and attract international students
Planning and Delivering Effective, Impactful Social Media Content
- Analysing why great content is a vital part of your social media strategy
- Understanding what works best on what social media platform
- Showcasing of inspirational content from in and around the sector to get your own ideas flowing
Workshop: Social Media Strategy
Attendees will work with the facilitator to discuss how to define, research, plan, execute and measure a social marketing campaign.
- Working in groups to create a social media strategy for a fictional university
- Pick the right members of staff to help you achieve your campaign goals
- Understand your audience needs and brainstorm ideas on how to reach them
- Exploring the potential for using alumni to supercharge your ideas
- Sketching out an initial social media campaign aimed at your target audience
- Identifying key goals and how you will evaluate your campaign
Evaluation and Closing Remarks
*Programme subject to change